Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bihar boy tops IIT exams

Patna: A Bihar boy has topped this year's All India Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) conducted for admissions to the Indian Institutes of Technology.

Shitikanth, who hails from Patna, topped JEE conducted by IIT. "I am really happy and celebrating my success as I never expected to top," an upbeat Shitikanth said here on Friday.

Surrounded by his family, relatives and friends, Shitikanth said he was expecting that his name might figure in top ten. "It is all a result of hard work and positive surrounding, nothing else," he said.

He said that his favourite subject is Physics followed by Mathematics. "I love to study Physics all time. I have no problem in Physics, more or less the same with Maths," he said. But Chemistry, particularly Inorganic Chemistry, is a tough subject for him. "I have faced a little problem studying Chemistry," he admitted.

Shitikanth did his Class 10 from St Michael School in Patna.

He joined Bansal Classes in Kota in Rajasthan to prepare for IIT. He has become a star here after the news spread that he topped the JEE this year.

No comments: